Sat, Nov 24|
Indira Gandhi Glass House
BRM 200KM - Hubballi- Goa
This is the flagship Brevet of Hubbali Bicycle club. The route is designed to appeal to both novice and pro cyclists taking you through the beautiful western ghats via Yellapur,Kaiga,Karwar.
Time & Location
Nov 24, 2018, 6:00 AM
Indira Gandhi Glass House, Sadashiv Nagar, Hubballi, Karnataka 580029, India
About The Event
We bring you its most awaited Brevet of the year. Yes ! we have Hubballi – Goa BRM scheduled on 24th November 2018. This being the flagship Brevet of Hubbali Bicycle club, the route is designed to appeal to both novice and pro cyclists attracting huge number of participants every year. This year we have drafted the route such that, you will be pedaling through dense forests of Yellapur and Kaiga, and culminating at Palolem, one of the most scenic beaches of South Goa. This is one brevet, not to be missed.
Hubballi – Kalaghatgi – Yellapur – Kaiga – Sadashivgad /Karwar – Cancacona – Palolem
KINDLY NOTE :
- You need to compulsorily register & pay on the Audax India website : https://www.audaxindia.org/event-e-2323
- After registering on audax, you can book reverse logistics of cycles as well as self on this event page
- You can also book for accommodation with us on twin sharing basis here
- Reverse logistics booking & Accommodation booking will close on 18th November after which we will not be able to arrange the same on event day.
- Kindly help us in arranging the brevet by pre booking logistics & accommodation being a weekend in Goa.
Audax Rules :
As this Brevet is conducted under the Authority of Audax Club Parisien, we shall be strictly following the rules and regulations laid by Audax. Riders are requested to go through the rules and adhere to them, to avoid expulsion from the brevet.
What is a BRM/ brevet:
This is the long distance ride format which is followed as per guidelines from Audax India Randonneurs (AIR) which is the all-India organisation of randonneurs, which is recognised by Audax Club Parisien (ACP) for conducting and overseeing all Brevets de Randonneurs Mondiaux (BRMs) and Audax events in India. We are proud to be affiliated with Audax India and have conducted more than 20 Brevets in the past 2 years.
Randonneuring is long distance Endurance Cycling with rides of 200, 300, 400, 600 and 1000 kms called Brevets de Randonneurs Mondiaux (BRMs). Audax Club Parisien (ACP) Is the international governing body for randonneuring that administers and oversees the conduct of BRMs worldwide.
This style of riding is non-competitive in nature, and self-sufficiency is paramount. Participation in randonneuring events is part of a long tradition that goes back to the beginning of the sport of cycling in France and Italy. Friendly camaraderie and perseverance are the hallmarks of randonneuring.
By registering you are accepting the below guidelines/Terms:
- The participant does not have priority over either road or off road users and will ride sensibly and legally at all times with consideration to other riders and all other users of the route.
- The participant is fully responsible for their actions whilst attending the event. This includes the event premise and during the ride itself. Hubballi Bicycle Club does not accept responsibility for the actions of the participant nor the consequences of such actions.
- Each participant, upon signing on, agrees that they are physically and mentally capable of riding the distance they have chosen. If, during the event, they decide to change their route and distance, then all consequences of this action are theirs.
- All participants under the age of 18 shall have had a consent form (during signing on) completed by their parent/guardian and riders under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian during the entire ride.
- All riders MUST sign-on at the event HQ at least 30 minutes before the event start time and the number board allocated should be fixed to the bike and visible at all times.
- Each participant accepts full responsibility for any fees or costs incurred or arising from the need for repatriation.
- It is mandatory that all riders riding wear a safety approved cycling helmet.The rider must accept this as a condition of entry.
- Hubballi Bicycle Club reserves the right to refuse entry to the event to anyone with inappropriate equipment or clothing.
- The Participant confirms that they understand and accept that they are responsible for the roadworthiness and safe working order of their own cycle,
- During the event there will be warning signs at appropriate points on the trails or roads. Absence of these signs does not signal that there are no dangers approaching and it is the individual rider’s responsibility to make a decision regarding whether to ride a section or not.
- The marking of the route does not necessarily indicate that the trail or road is rideable and the participant is deemed to make their own decision about whether to proceed on bike, foot or not at all.
- Hubballi Bicycle Club reserves the right to shorten or alter the published route at any time. Participants do not have the right to claim a refund if the route is shortened.
- Participants understand and accept that whilst all reasonable effort has been made by Hubballi Bicycle Club to make the events safe and enjoyable.
- Hubballi Bicycle Club does NOT accept liability for any accident, damage, theft, injury or illness to entrants, spectators, or any other person, vehicle or property whatsoever. Participants agree that NO liability whatsoever shall attach to Hubballi Bicycle Club promoting organisations, members of the promoting organisations, landowners, event officials, volunteers, or event sponsors in respect of any injury, loss or damage suffered by the participant in or by reason of the event HOWEVER CAUSED.
- By entering the event location you agree to be filmed / photographed and to the use of your image in any footage used by Hubballi Bicycle Club or any official sponsors for their own publicity in any media worldwide.
- All riders must report to the finish, even if they retire. Not doing so will mean that a search may be organised and the subsequent cost will be billed to the rider.
- Event entry fees cannot be refunded or transferred under any circumstances.
- Hubballi Bicycle Club reserves the right to cancel any event, due to extreme weather conditions, strikes, trade disputes, breakdowns, government or political action, interruption of transport, acts of war or terrorism, acts of omissions by a third party for any other reasons whatsoever outside of Hubballi Bicycle Club control. In such an event, each participant’s entry with be automatically moved to the rescheduled event.
- If a Participant cannot make this event, they can carry their entry to another event organised by Hubballi Bicycle Club of an equal or lower ticket value within the following 6 month period. No refunds will be issued.
- Every rider affirms that he/she is in good health. He/she declares that he/she is physically fit and capable to participate in the event.
- Every rider understands it can be a strenuous day out with significant amounts of climbing and distance to be cycled in order to complete the course.
- Every rider has to acknowledge that he/she has read and understand this entire waiver of liability and agrees to be legally bound by it. This is done when registering on the day of the even
you have read all the above terms and agree to adhere.
Reverse Logistics from Goa
Once you reach Goa after completing the brevet,we will arrange to deliver your cycles back to Hubballi at IT Park from where you have to collect them You will also be transported back in a NonAC 8 seater vehicle along with other cyclists on 25th November sunday.₹1,500.00
Accomodation at Goa
We will provide one night stay at a hotel at Palolem with twin sharing basis.Food is not included in this price. The checkout will be on 25th Nov Sunday by 11AM after which if you want to continue at your cost, you can.₹1,500.00